Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"IMPORTANT PARENTING QUESTIONS...???"

Yes, as Jamie and I were discussing Brodie's future the other night the common questions arose: "How are we doing to train him?", "Will he ever have a girlfriend?", "What if he tries to sneak out during the day?", "I wonder how we are all going to snuggle on the couch when he gets older and bigger?", then the question came: If Brodie is going to be the #1 hunting pointer dog, well then by all means he has to have a #1 Camouflage Doggie Bed! So, the journey began to try and find the perfect, cute, camo doggie bed. Our search quickly ended when the only camo beds we were finding were $100.00 and up... for a dog bed I asked myself!?

My ingenuous husband, being as smart as he is, decided that I could make one; and that is what I did! Just call me a one woman show... real estate agent during the day, and camo doggie bed maker at night. We went and bought a normal dog bed, and I took it home and started tearing it apart, or better known in the sewing world as, ripping! Once I had everything taken apart, I cut out my camo pattern, and had it all ready to go sew.

For my mom and brothers birthday we all went over to my parents house for a cookout and to watch the Alabama game... Roll Tide Roll! I decided that it was the perfect time to start sewing my camo doggie bed. (I did not have a sewing machine, and my mom did...hey, I still need help being a one woman show!)


I was sorely mistaken thinking that I could just "sew it together!" I mean how hard could it be? 4.5 hours later I finished Brodie's masterpiece of a camo doggie bed! If Brodie could talk I know he would say that he loved it. I didn't just get a top and bottom and sew them together, it had sides and tan piping around the top. What did I get myself into I thought to myself, but I was so proud when I was done. My grandmother, my mom and Mrs. Darlene all pitched in to help. The following pictures I will cherish, because this is the night it all began and that I knew I became...A Camo Doggie Bed Professional Sewer!

Brodie's Final Masterpiece

He is still trying to figure out what I am doing...I get this look often!


Seriously, I am over the picture taking!

Brodie's new dog house, bed, and cute doggie bowls


SPOILED....NAH!!!

5 comments:

Angie Davis said...

i'm so impressed! sides and piping!

i love the first picture of brodie - from it, sorry to say, i think he could be a pageant dog :)

Whitney said...

I too am very impressed! Courtney he takes the best pictures. He is beautiful!! Definitely a "pageant dog" hahaha (Don't tell Jaime!)Good Job! ~Whitney

Gina said...

You are a woman of many talents and who knew Jamie loves hancock fabricks. Why didn't he tell me that when he was a little boy yelling not that store!

Unknown said...

So, So, impressed!! Piping --- Girl! I know that Brodie will love it!
Oh, and have to agree with Whitney and Angie ---- pageant dog!

Anonymous said...

The photo of him with his head tilted is by far the cutest doggy photo I've ever seen!!! :o)