Monday, November 10, 2008

I am going to interject here with an news bulletin update------
I posted the below blog earlier today, and my sweet, yet rowdy, puppy that is ever increasing in size does have my heart, but perhaps it grows horns sometimes! Tonight Jamie and I came home from a lovely meal that my sweet, handsome, and just down right wonderful husband treated me to tonight. Seeing that we have not played with Brodie all day today our excitement grew as we came in the door. Brodie has gotten to where he LOVES playing in the trash when we are not looking. You will find the normal stance of 2 paws up on the trash can with his nose plummeting into the fresh throw aways from the days meals. He totally knows it is wrong, and will stand and bark at the trash can when we are looking demanding we know his disapproval of us not letting him eat out of the trash can.

I could tell by the look in his eye and when I turned my back to unload the dishwasher I heard the noise....crinkle, crinkle, boom...I look up and over the counter to find a full coffee filter with coffee grinds spilling out of his mouth. Brodie, filled with excitement that he has just gotten away with what he knows is wrong is jumping up and down wanting me to chase him to see if I can catch him. As he makes his normal figure 8 around my living room couch, under the coffee table, around the leather chair, through the kitchen, down the hall, and into the dining room just to start the process all over again if I have not caught him by now....he is faster than you all may think! Now, mind you that he had a full coffee filter with black coffee grounds that have now spilled out of his mouth with every step of his paws and are now mashed into my tanish colored carpet!! Let me tell you that I have a fresh aroma of morning coffee filling my house.

All of you know that I have been working on my patience, and I felt like I did a very good job of holding it in when I had to get out a toothbrush and scrub my carpet after I vacuumed all I could get up and was still a tanish chocolate color after he threw his tantrum! Life goes on...I just thought it was very amusing, actually I laughed out loud when I looked at my earlier blog of my sweet Brodie looking like a perfect angel... :)

2 comments:

Angie Davis said...

so funny. and perfect....er, eh, crazy timing!

Unknown said...

I hear you my sweet friend. One day I came home and Maddie tore up our Wedding Video!! Yep, let's just say Brian grabed my arm and lead me away (in tears!). Praise God the videographer had saved it on his hard drive and gave us another copy! They joys of owning a puppy!