Thursday, September 18, 2008

Newest Addition to our Family!

We are welcoming Brodie and Sam to our Family
They were born August 1, 2008 and about 7 weeks old now!
They are German Shorthair Pointers, with Liver and Roan coloring. Long story made short, Jamie and I were talking one night and we decided that we wanted to get a puppy. After some discussion Jamie has been eyeing this particualr breed of dog for a while. So, jokingly I said to him on Monday night that I wanted to have a puppy by the weekend. Well... Tuesday Jamie calls and says he found some puppies and they were the color that we wanted! So, needless to say our family expanded by Tuesday night.
The story continues...on the way to pick up the puppy, Jamie told me that our best friend Zac always wanted a German Shorthair puppy also..that was news to me, but I thought he would really love ours and maybe get one at some point...well...Zac called while we were meeting with the Breeder and was ecstatic that we were getting that particular breed of puppy so he told us to pick one up for him also!!
Now we have brothers!! How exciting!
Sam, Zac's puppy, is on the left, and Brodie, our puppy is on the right.
Brodie Higdon, 5.5 pounds, hazel/blue eyes, about 13 inches long!
The two boys were like little kids on Christmas Day getting their first Red Rider BB Gun! Excitement filled the air.
Zac and Sam
I came home after work and found the boys crashed on the couch!! I laughed and laughed and ran for my camera. Brodie was worn slap out from playing allll day long. Great memories...

3 comments:

Angie Davis said...

so cute! can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

Love, the picture of the new puppy. It is such a sweet memory to have. Enjoy Friend!

Ricky Ruston said...

Hey, Courtney! Thanks for reading my blog! I was good to hear from you and it looks like things are going well! Tell Jamie hello. Those are some nice looking pups!

Ricky