Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recruitment 08'

PHI MU RUSH 2008!!
This year I have the privilege of being the new PHI MU Chapter Adviser at the University of Montevallo, and what an honor it is. To me this is a ministry and an opportunity to build relationships with young women. I have been praying for a way to minister to young women, and I truly believe the Lord has opened this door for me for a reason. It was an exhausting, yet rewarding 5 days! I had no idea what went on to make sure RUSH and Phi Mu as a chapter runs smoothly through this process. I took good notes, so hopefully next year I will have it down pat. The adviser who did hold this position has been doing it for the past 25 years! I just remember going through my years with Phi Mu and having such a respect for Theresa, so I am honored that I have this opportunity to walk along side her. (She is still helping me, thank goodness!)
This is the current chapter president and I on open house night; she did a fantastic job!

Each night there were different parties the new girls would attend and this night during recruitment we do a Grease skit and it is so incredibly cute! This is a picture of the Pink Ladies and the T Birds...

After a long, long week and several 2-4 a.m. nights, Bid Day finally arrived! I was very proud of all the girls for the hard work they put into this week.

New PHI MU 2008 Chapter!!

3 comments:

Angie Davis said...

glad it went well, i bet you are exhausted! you will do a great job!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. I know that God is going to use you in a mighty way. Also, thanks for posting the pictures. It brings back some sweet memories.

Gina said...

I'm so proud of you!