Thursday, July 16, 2009

Preoccupied

Ever since my birthday on June 3rd, I have been slightly addicted to my monogram machine. Hello, My name is Courtney Higdon and I just love my monogram machine. Sad, I know. Jamie just lets me go and do my thing with getting the cutest fonts, and making little onesies and shirts for my nephews to go to the zoo. You must have new monogrammed clothes to go to the zoo-simply a must. Oh, the joy it brings! Not to mention my best friend Kathryn is having a baby any day now. No one will ever not know baby Katelyn's name because it is on everything she owns!

Thus, the reality it brings. My blogging has suffered, and for those of you getting no sleep because I have not written for almost a month. No more fretting...I am back. Well, kind of. Give me a little slack. I am overcoming an addiction.

Jamie and I have also been trying to redo our gosh awful, bare, grass filled flower beds. That has been a venture in itself. Yes, we do realize that we are about 2 months behind on working on our planting skills.

On another note I am so my mother... I really am at times...I came home the other day from work and there was a butterfly on my new flowers I just freshly planted and I ran for my camera because my mother would appreciate a picture. Yes, at least I admit that I am like her.


It just brought such joy when I looked at the once bleeding blisters I have on my hands from digging the hardest dirt I have ever dug and just smiled at my cute new fluttery friend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of the butterfly! I am so glad you are monograming!

Anonymous said...

I wish there were more people in this world like your mother! :o)
LOVE the pic!!