Friday, April 23, 2010

Dyson=LOVE

This blog is not for the weak at heart.  If you get squeamish, just turn away now.  This is going to be a very serious matter in home cleaning!  Please keep in mind that I am a clean fanatic.

Jamie and I have gone round and round with the truth of how well our elderly vacuum cleaner works, or not works.  Everyone does remember that we have a shedding puppy that loves to roll alllll over the carpet to get that itch that he has on the tip of his back.  As much as I tell him not to, he pushes that limit and proceeds to wallo in my carpet...all over my carpet...all the time!  It literally grosses me out.

For the longest time I have been telling Jamie that I didn't think our vacuum cleaner worked.  It has been stuck on the highest setting.  So, I made a deal with him that if I vacuumed with ours and then borrowed another one and vacuumed again and it didn't pick anything up, then I would be passivised and not talk about it again. 

Like I said before, if you are easily grossed out, turn away.  Below is what I picked up after using my vacuum cleaner, and then borrowing one from Kathryn and vacuuming again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I told you not to look!  

I showed this to Jamie when he got home, and needless to say we had a date night and went out to buy a new vacuum cleaner!  NOT just any vacuum cleaner............a DYSON!!  The mack daddy of mack daddy vacuum cleaners. Keep in mind that this is after he said we were not getting a new vacuum cleaner to begin with, and if we were going to get one, by some chance, that he was not going to spend that much money on a Dyson!  The things he does for love.... :)


Can I tell you how elated I am.  It it is like Christmas morning all over again.  I have vacuumed my carpet again for the 6th time today.  Seriously.  I vacuumed until it didn't have anything else to pick up.  Then I let Brodie in just so he could roll on the carpet and vacuum behind him.  

Who knew vacuum cleaners could be so exhilarating!  ME! 
For the love of all that is good...Cleanliness is once again restored at my house.  
*sigh-smile*

4 comments:

Gina said...

sometimes, you just have to show the need. You sold the need well, good job! Now go vacume, oh no you can't I bet you're helping your mom with Laceys bridal lunchen, thanks!

Angie Davis said...

ooooooh.....aaaaaahhhhhhh! nice!

bryan think all vacuums work the same too. so....i may just have to vacuum, and then borrow yours ;)

Courtney Higdon said...

Angie, it is all in the presentation! James Allen is frugal when it comes to these kinds of things. I think I am more shocked that he bought it than actually the vacuum cleaner itself! lol

Kathryn Cline said...

LOL... I had no idea when you asked to borrow my vacuum that I was gonna make ALL your dream come true. Girl, you have been talking about getting the Dyson for who knows how long. So glad you got it :) :) :)