Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Festive Afternoon with The Higdon's
A normal afternoon goes something like this: Get home from work, change clothes, let my little Brodie inside to play while I get dinner started, let water boil on the stove, throw the toys down the hall for Brodie to fetch and bring them back for a treat, check on the cooking, and continue until he wears down and just wants to lay down and chew on the latest sock he can find laying around the house. (They are no longer wearable after he is done) Tonight was no execption, except we added a little Christmas cheer to the mix.


THEN... Dad comes home!!! My somewhat, I do emphasize somewhat, calm "little man" becomes escatic and leaps around the house in glory and excitement that Dad has come home to do nothing but play with me! So, the two begin to wrestle until one of them wins...that would normally be Jamie. Brodie gives in and then just wants to play with anything and everything in site. Fun times!


After dinner, I put on a pot of apple cider to simmer and make the house smell incredible, turned on the tv to the FaLaLaLa Lifetime channel for the lastest Christmas movie and I become the mom wanting to take pictures of my "little man". I then attempt to pose him in front of the Christmas tree, then the fireplace, then the presents, all the while I get this look of excitement from Brodie.. haha The one pictures he actually looks at me his ear is flipped backwards.. oh well. That is my puppy for you.


We did try to take pictures for a Christmas card, but it just never happened, so here is to all of you that may want to see our Christmas tree with our puppy. I know it would be a sleepless night until you did. What a night. After all...It is Brodie's first Christmas. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM JAMIE, COURTNEY & BRODIE

2 comments:

Angie Davis said...

thanks for giving us a glimpse into your day. funny enough, it sounds a lot like my day! :)

beautiful tree!

Gina said...

Thanks for being the Higdon mom while I was gone.