Saturday, August 29, 2009

I know I promised before that I was not going to give you a weekly update of baby Katelyn, but she is just to cute not put her on here for you all to see. And... furthermore, I don't have much else that is as entertaining in my life like having cute, adorable, slobbery child, or really grand things to tell everyone about, so, what better than a baby.

At any given moment I will just "pop" by to see Katelyn, tend to her progress as a new born, and make sure she loves her Aunt Courtney. :) It is a hard job, but someone has to do it!


Kathryn loves cute, adorable, slobbery children too. Almost too much. She is a natural. It has almost made me doubt my parenting skills. Well... my one day true parenting skills. I see Kathryn in her element at home and how she interacts with her babe, and when I go home to Brodie, there is just not quite the same feelings and love that is bestowed on my little 1 year old. Nope, just not the same. I will call it a work in progress. Definitely. Not saying that I don't love my medium sized ball of fur, but I feel the Lord is still working on me in the patience department. Patience is a virtue isn't it... maybe I should write it on my bathroom mirror..


I can hear my mom and dad now... I want one of these so I can cuddle with them and fill them with all kinds of sugar and send them back home with you, because, seriously, that are what grandparents are for. Right now, Brodie gets grandparent time when we drop him off in doggie day care at my parents house. Being brought into the life of a Comer dog is beyond doggie heaven. Brodie loves his grandparents and tells me so when I am trying to rock my 55 lb. 1 year old to sleep at night. When he crawls in your lap and looks at you with those sleepy eyes... well...tell me I am not a good parent already. The things I do.


Yup...I think right now I will just stick with seeing Katelyn as much as I want :) and snuggling with my ball of fur at home. What a life I lead-and a great one at that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Courtney, you are so talented!! I love, Love, LOVE, all the new pictures. Thank you for posting!

Kathryn said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT... You can love my slobery child and I will love your ball of fur :)