Saturday, February 14, 2009

I have been trying to come up with pictures that allow me to keep my title of "A Country Girls Perspective" so I am posting pictures of our ever consuming hobby of skeet shooting! YEAH! Just call me a wanna be country girl with a camera.

Jamie's incredibly cute, adventuresome, outdoor lovin', could be twins with my husband, anything trying, little sister went skeet shooting with us last week. For Serious: They are definitely made out of the same mold in more ways than I have room to write. She is a minnie me girl version of Jamie, and I would say that is a compliment seeing how wonderful my handsome hunter is!

All this to say we took Lacey and Will to the hunting club to shoot skeet and well... anything we thought would be ok to use as poor target practice. Lacey is amazing with a gun! I am very proud to call her my sister :)


Will was laying on the ground shooting at some targets on the hill, and so I thought it would be fun to lay on the ground behind him and get some cool angles of him shooting. This gun discharges the shells sooooo incredibly fast it took me forever to get this shot, but I think it was pretty cool after all was said and done. Way to go Will!


Lacey is such a girly girl, but camo lovin', cowboy boot wearin', hunter.. and proud of it.


She shot a bird and Brodie would have none of that! He wanted the bird first! I love this kongfu karate kick to keep Brodie off of her. It was way funnier than it looks.. I guess you had to be there.


Imagine this if you will. Very fine dirt that blows in the wind, and smooches under your feet, large pool of water and a very hot, thirsty, dog. This makes the muddiest mess you could ever imagine! It is like his eyes just lit up when he saw this water and bolted for the pond. Fast forward about 20 mins. after his rondavue in the water, we went for a ride in the jeep around the hunting club...guess who got to hold him??? ME! :)


The two siblings made from the same mold. What a great day!


6 comments:

Gina said...

Yes they are two of a kind. Will laugh at the same thing. Usually at something they should not laugh at.

Courtney Higdon said...

so true, so true!

Lacey Kay said...

thanks for the post Courtney! i just love yall! i wish we could hang more. Thanks for the pics too, i keep sayin that i want a good camera but why?.. i've got you and Ang!

Angie Davis said...

yes, so true!
fun day, great pics!

Unknown said...

You and Angie tell the BEST stories! I love reading your blog. What a fun day!!!

Unknown said...

I always knew you were a country girl. I don't know if you knew it but I have a blog on here too!! check mine out.
Jonathan