Saturday, February 28, 2009

Responsibility!!??

There many things in my life that bring me such incredible joy, one of which is being the Chapter Advisor for the Phi Mu Chapter at the University of Montevallo. What an absolute honor it is to be able to guide such young impressionable women in the process of learning and growing into beautiful Ladies! This gives me an outlet from work and every other part of my life to channel my energy into these women.

This past weekend was the leadership conference in Macon, GA. Phi Mu was founded in 1852 in Macon, GA., so we were overly excited because Phi Mu just built our new National Headquarters there and after the conference we had the opportunity to take a tour and see alll the history behind an organization that I am proud to say I am apart of. My grandmother was a Phi Mu and the president of her chapter, as was I, so walking through the Headquarters made something rise up in me that made me proud to say I was a legacy and apart of something bigger than I can comprehend. I wish my grandmother could have been there with me! She would have loved it.

This is our New President and Vice President of our Chapter. I am very proud of these women for stepping up and taking that huge responsibility!


Our brand new Phi Mu Headquarters! Isn't it beautiful.


And... of course, the trip would not have been complete without seeing a PINK Phi Mu golf cart. Yes, people, it is the little things in life that simply make me squeal! :)


The headquarters foyer! And again, we held up traffic, tours, other women squealing, just to sit and take photos with our letter that are etched into the marble floor! Seriously!?



Is it a scary thought that I was in charge of this weekend to anyone else... slightly frightening to me..but, we all survived, had McDonald's ice cream, jumped on the beds, scattered clothes everywhere, had little to no breakfast, spent money on Phi Mu paraphernalia we didn't really need, & drank tons of coffee to cover the circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep . Overall, I feel like it was a huge success! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures Courtney! And...I love what you wrote about Phi Mu. I was feeling the same way throughout the tour of headquarters. This really is something bigger than I ever imagined! Love you!