Monday, April 13, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail...
Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail...
Hippity Hoppity Easters on its Way.

Bless his heart. Jamie woke up to me singing this to him Sunday morning. Yeah, I even had hand motions. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to give Jamie his Easter basket. It really is the little things in life that make me excited.

This Easter we mixed things up a little bit and had a family gathering at NXS in Calera. For all of you who do not know what that is, it is a gymnastic gym that my cousins own and teach out of. We thought it would be fun for all the kids to have fun playing and hiding eggs in the gym. I knew it would be fun, but it exceeded my expectations. There was a moon bounce, foam pit, wuffol ball, Easter egg hunts for the children, rope climbing, trampoline bouncing, and food galore.


The kiddos were a joy to watch. I think someone had taken the candy out of Zekes easter basket here. Jelly beans cleared those tears right up.


Isn't he adorable! This is my little cousin Zeke.

Ike found the soccer egg hidden under the mat. Proud moment.

As I said before there was a lot of playing going on: footballs were flying, and I looked over and my dad had jumped up on the rings and pulled himself up and elevated his feet straight in front of him. I was incredibly impressed because anyone who has done this before takes a lot of strength and stomach muscles! He has always been strong, but I had not seen him do anything like this. He definitely gets the strong man award.


Gurney started a new tradition of making Easter bonnets out of anything you have at the house. She was the judge and it was an absolute hoot to see us all decorated up. You never know what this family is going to come up with. Keeps you on your toes!

We had to have the perfect walk to compliment the bonnet, and a bow, a little twirl/spin. Who knew it could be so in depth. Gurney was actually a sweet judge and everyone won something. We all walked away happy winners with extra skittles as a trophy. It was a great day!

I think we started a new Easter tradition. Good times!
(Angie, we missed you guys. Just wasn't the same without you!)

2 comments:

Angie Davis said...

so fun! i love it, and look forward to next year (i hope!). thanks for recap-ing it for me.

if you didn't know my dad, you WOULD think that jamie looks just like mom, huh?!

Unknown said...

Love, Love the post. I am actually taking some of the photos to put on my blog for Brian's family to see. Ok, you forgot one major, major fact! You made the BEST dip ever!!! I know that post is coming soon. Thank you again for posting and taking some great pictures. Yes, Angie we missed you and your crew!!!