Sunday, July 13, 2008

BALLERINA GONE COUNTRY...
Growing up I was such the prima ballerina who was always striving to be more graceful. Not quite feeling as though I ever achieved that goal, the weeks with pink tutu's and graceful pleas were put to an end with other interest in my life, still with the same concept of loving pink and being girly, of course. I never quite looked into the future thinking I would marry a man who gets the biggest smile, picks me up and twirls me around, with me thinking he is going to express his undying love for me, and much to my surprise he wants to take me to the shooting range to get me ready for the upcoming deer season! How could I resist my rugged man that is that excited about hunting season.
It is interesting to see how the Lord opens your eyes to things in your life that you would have never given a second thought to doing. Marriage is definitely give and take, and Jamie is the rugged outdoorsman, but with a true heart of gold. He truly just loves life! But...falling in love with the rugged outdoorsman comes with a few disclaimers...ie: being o.k. with deer & turkey hunting, learning to shoot a bow and gun, fishing and learning all the flipping tricks to catch the biggest fish, and most importantly enjoying a sunset jeep ride with the top down. Defining "give and take" does not mean I have to get rid of my love of the color pink, or being girly...I just now wear pink camo! See... almost 2 years of marriage and who says I am not compromising!
This weekend I had to work, but after work I was able to join the rest of the Higdon family at the lake house for dinner, dominos and fishing off the pier. This was my first time to learn to shoot a bow. Lacey was kind enough to let me use hers. With a little more practice I will be ready for bow season. With my new cowboy boots and my pink camo I am set and ready to experience a whole new world out there. (I know my mom is dying right now thinking ..this is so not what I envisioned for her.) :) I guess I was always a country girl at heart.

3 comments:

Gina said...

This is the girls I know and love

Angie Davis said...

yes, we love this girly-girl too! i love the couple that you and jamie make - i'm so happy that the lord brought you into our lives!

great pictures! i so wish we were there too!

Unknown said...

I love it!! I love how you are wearing Pink in the pic. shooting a bow! Thank you for posting the pictures.