Monday, July 28, 2008

FRESH MOUNTAIN AIR... Last weekend Lacey and Mr. Charlie went to the Deer and Turkey Expo and both bought new bows to hunt with during hunting season. On Saturday without hesitation, house cleaning was done, and thanks to Lacey inviting us to visit for some R & R and to check out their new toys, a last minute phone call to my wonderful mother in law, Mrs. Gina, and we were in the car to spend the night. So, of course, our overnight bags are quickly put in our room, and outside we go to play! Beautiful sunshine appeared and I knew this was going to be a photographic moment with everyone in such excited spirits. Mr. Charlie wanted some pictures of the golf course and the view from their house and WOW, isn't it breath taking! Much to my shock and surprise, Mr. Charlie gave me his bow that he had been using since he bought himself another one last weekend. I was stunned and so thankful! Thanks again Mr. Charlie! Now, you will probably find Jamie and I both shooting our bows together in the backyard.
Can you see the deer target? Jamie always makes a perfect shot.
Mr. Charlie's practicing with his new bow!
Much to the contrary...this is quite fun, and since working out is not my strong point, this is a great way to work my arm muscles!! Am I justifying it... who knows.
This was my favorite picture! Maybe next year I will have a real buck to show you...
We should seriously have our own family hunting show!!
(Only the Higdons: We literally got our lawn chairs and put them on the driveway, let the tailgate down with all of our equipment piled high, put the deer target up on an embankment, and played until it got dark. Such a great moment!) This weekend was filled with such fun times, laughter, late night movies, chicken fajitas, fishing, golf, bow hunting, and just being excited about life. That is truly what it is all about.

3 comments:

Angie Davis said...

so fun!
hmm....maybe i should be looking for us some bows when we come in october. if for no other reason, i could use some toning in my arms for the wedding! (no shame in thinking of it a workout :)

beautiful pics of the course too.

Courtney Higdon said...

It is now two days later and I am still sore! Feel the burn! I will be looking buff for the wedding. haha

Unknown said...

Ok, do not leave this momma out! I will be there next weekend for the work out.