Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mrs. Suzzie Homemaker

Cooking has never been my strong point, but I have not given up and really tried to learn. Jamie is very patient and lets me do my thing-bless his sweet heart sometimes! :) We have both really been craving vegetables for dinner so I looked on http://www.allrecipes.com/ to find a good vegetable recipe. I came across this Winter Vegetable Hash recipe and it was absolutely delicious. I also added zucchini and then followed the recipe to a "T"; it was fabulous. Along with my vegetables we had salad, cooked peas with green beans and cornbread from scratch. My Dad gave us a new cast iron skillet that are shaped in little corn stalks. Perfect for 2. Now I have been able to break in properly and it worked great! Jamie gave me two thumbs up! YEAH!
After reading Angie's blog I had blackberry cobbler on my mind! I was dreaming about a fresh, hot, made from scratch blackberry cobbler. So... for dessert, that is what I made with ice cream on top! Our moment of eating healthy went out the window, but it was definitely for a good cause! Here is the recipe. Thanks Angie! UUMMM....

5 comments:

Angie Davis said...

i'm so impressed! can't wait to try the vegetable recipe.

Unknown said...

Ok, so yummy!! I want to try the cobbler too. I bet I can get Ike to eat his veggies cooked like you did. Your pictures are great!

Gina said...

That looks like the best dinner. I am going to try the vegetables. I've already had the cobbler, but I guess I'll have to make it again.

Angie Davis said...

btw, i've now made the cobbler with blueberries and peaches too - all good! we were even craving it one night but i only had one lonely peach. i used it and halved the recipe, and it was just enough for us 2!

Courtney Higdon said...

Thanks for the tip! My next door neighbor brought us a bag full of peaches the other day so that is what I am making tonight! UUMM...