Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baby Fever

The Lord works in wonderfully creative ways!! I was beyond ecstatic when I found out that Angie, Bryan and the kiddos were coming back to Birmingham for the week! Angie had baby Samuel this past December and this was going to be the first time we were all able to see him and Charlie, Sam's big brother. So incredibly exciting. Charlie is now getting to that fun age, talking, playing, relating to you, and just wanting to snuggle with his blankie.

The absolute joys of motherhood. OH, baby fever.....oh the baby fever!!! WOW, did I say I have baby fever. When you see this little munchkin oh you just fall in love! But are able to give them back when they start crying....that is the joys of being an aunt!


Pictures like this make me fall in love with Jamie all over again. I just want to squeeze them oh so tight, and have tons of hugs and kisses, and more hugs, and kisses... OK. Back to reality. Oh how I love my handsome husband... but I love faces like this even more!


This is big brother Charlie...I wish the picture wasn't so blurry because when you see him you want to squeeze him even harder. The chubby cheeks and little chubby thighs just get me every time.


Much to our surprise, the forecast showed snow for the weekend. We all know how that goes..."oh, their wont be snow", "They just think it is going to snow." Well...Sunday morning came and SNOW was on the ground!!! YEAH!!! It was like a little kid at Christmas, getting your first red rider BB gun, new puppy, and getting to stay up late on a school night all rolled into one!!!



The lovely Miss Lacey. No matter the circumstances she ALWAYS looks cute. Love Love Love the camo and pink hat. Girly girl at heart.



When I say the Lord works in mysterious ways. What are the chances that Angie and Bryan and the kiddos would come to B'ham when Jamie and I were spending the night with the family and it snow! How much absolute, no questions asked, FUN did we have. I am so glad everyone was there together. It was no winter storm of 93, but hey, at least it stuck for a while and we could make snowmen.




I use the word Love to much, so I absolutely adore this picture for so many different reasons. This captures the essence of each child. Go figure it has to snow for me to capture the essence of my in law siblings. J/K. Jamie is the rugged manly man whom I love and adore for many reasons to long to list with his full head to toe camo attire, scruffy face, and carhart jeans; Lacey is the cute rugged outdoorsy girl that has a love for life and will try most anything, and can pull off an abundance of different outfits, cowboy boots with sundresses for instance, head to toe camo even with camo overalls and a cutesy pink toboggan...who would have thought; and last but certainly not least the oldest who has lived in CA, NY, and hopefully will come back to B'ham one day is just full of adventure and open for anything, with her multicolored toboggan on, stylish black jacket, and even has her pants tucked into her boots, which she totally pulled off. I just love this family! Me, I am just a mix of all 3 :)




After the snow slightly melted the rest of the Weldon side of the family came over to see the Davis family while they were in town. It made me think of Granddaddy Weldon and how he would was totally smiling down on us wishing he was here in the midst of all the fun! He would have loved every minute of the memories we were making. This is 4 generations sitting here---everyone together... awwww....


Really no words to describe this pictures. It just melts me.


What a weekend! Man I am exhausted just thinking about it. The only thing missing was my sweet little bundle of joy, Brodie. He got to visit with his grand puppy parents and they said he was like an antelope leaping through the snow. He loved it! Oh, so how I wish I was there to take pictures of him. Thanks mom and dad for taking good care of him while we were away!!

4 comments:

Angie Davis said...

yes, it was such a fun weekend, thanks so much for coming!

LOVE the pictures. Jamie is cracking me up in the whole group shot.

and my "look", ha! not intentional. lacey's hat that i threw on and should have looked at first (didn't know it was so pointy) and shoes from the basement with pants too long that had to be tucked in! but that's how we've always "done" snow. :)

Gina said...

You really captured our weekend. It was so fun, the house was a mess, toys in the yard, I love it.
I really miss a baby sleeping in my bed. Angie may have a hard time getting Sam to sleep in his bed.

Courtney Higdon said...

Angie, I know what you wore was not on purpose, but it still cracks me up how it all worked out. You know there is nothing but Love!! Everyone says I am like you so I am not complaining!

Gina said...

can you believe a baby just 3 months can tell Jamie how he feels