Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bailey

Meet Bailey.
The little white 5 lb. Maltese fur ball.
Brown eyes, if you can see them through all the hair, and a little yipe bark.
We already took a car ride to downtown Calera letting the wind blow in our hair, cooked dinner together, played in the yard, and just forgot life as we knew it.


She is a cute little thing that just lays in your lap and snores when she sleeps.
Oh the little whipper snapper had me at hello.


OH, I so forgot to tell you that I found this cute little pupster in my new construction community. She just came and sat on my feet at the front door. Before you get all up in arms, I did walk to all the houses around the community to ask if they knew who Bailey belonged to and no answers at the doors. SO. She went home with me for the evening :)

Bailey just longed for her real family I could tell.


So pitiful. I even tried to feed her a little something. I thought we bonded!
*sniff- sniff*


Jamie was not the least bit ecstatic by the new fur ball addition.
(He said that, but he didn't mean it. He loved her deep down inside I just know it.)


Those teeth will teach Jamie not to think she is a welcomed addition. Even if it is just for a couple of hours.


So, after dinner the hunt began again. Since she had a collar, but no tags, we had to go knocking on doors trying to find the sweet family to whom she belongs. You will be happy to know there was a joyous and happy reunion.
All is happy again on the home front.


Oh, and her real name is Lucy! Personally I will always remember my joyful 8 hours of bliss with my little 5lb. fur ball named Bailey.

2 comments:

Angie Davis said...

wow. this made me a little nervous. ;) but glad you found her home!

Courtney Higdon said...

I just didn't know what to do with her after I knocked on alll the doors I could and no answer. I just figured they were not home from work yet and they weren't. It all ended well though! :)