Sunday, September 27, 2009

reminiscing

Friday night was a night for reminiscing. We went back in time to the Calera vs. Shelby County football game. I was not that excited about going to the game until I drove up and heard the band playing. Oh, it just brought back the memories. Calera football, the lights, score board, announcer, it was great. GO Eagles!


We lost, but gave it a good try.


This is what I came to the game for... the band!! In high school I was, quote, the "band geek". The sad thing is that I didn't even know it at the time. I just thought I was the coolest with my band leather letterman jacket, my trumpet, and all my medals. My pride was being drum major! I thrived off of this and actually still teach drum major lessons and judge tryouts. It just brings back all the joy and excitement I felt when I was out on that field.


Jamie told me that I needed to suppress those feelings.


I told him I was going to go home and get out my trumpet and learn the Alabama fight song so every time they make a touchdown I was going to play it for him. He did not at all agree with that idea.


How could you not love the band. I am still such a "geek". I can't believe I am still admitting this to myself. I may need therapy. Yeah...I think I will go pull out my leather band jacket and have more reminiscing moments.


You could probably say that I don't get out much. Is it sad that my goal in college was to go to a big college ie: UA, and be drum major. It never happened. I just may be having separation issues. Oh well. For now I will just keep my memories.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I'll bring Jamies drum over.

Courtney Higdon said...

Please do. He acts like he wasn't in the band in High School!

Unknown said...

I loved being in the band too! Great pic. and stories!